For those of you that like Target shopping they are now price matching, or maybe they have been but I just noticed.
Here are some of the details. If you want more information go to https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence#q5389
Price Match Guarantee
If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.
Price Match Guarantee: the details
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
- Price must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
- Retail price must be shown on the website or print ad. Online prices will be validated by a Target team member.
- Competitor online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested.
- Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
- If item is not available in a Target store, a rain check will not be issued to match the online price or competitor’s print ad.
- We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
Price Match Guarantee: exclusions
- Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from online competitor price matching.
- Items originally purchased at Target.com (for items purchased on Target.com, click here for policy: opens in a new window.).
- Prices from other Target stores.
- Online prices from competitors not listed above.
- “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
- Prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
- Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
- Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off.
- Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
- Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement.
- Competitor coupon-required.
- Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
- Mail-in offers or instant rebates.
- Offers that include financing.
- Free product where no qualifying purchase is required.
- Bundled offers and special purchases.
- Sales tax promotions.
- Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.
- Black Friday ads (including adjusting prices for previously purchased items).
- Pricing or typographical errors.
- Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
- Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
- Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
- Contract cell phone plans and devices.
- Items part of movie/game reservation card promotion.