Sunday, August 18, 2013

To BJ's or not to BJ's that is the question

To BJ's or not to BJ's that is the question.....

So a friend of ours, Greg, gave Jeremy a one day pass to try BJ's Wholesale Club. 
He suggested that we do so as there was savings to be had.  
So, since we were going to be over the bridge any way we decide to check it out.
The first thing that I noticed was the free pass had fine print that informed me if I used the pass
then I would be charged a "non-member surcharge" of 15%. Well hmm maybe no purchases this trip
but I could check out the prices.  Also I looked on line and the membership fee was $50.00.
To me that means I would have to save at least $10.00 a week shopping there.

Ok so we got there and started our comparisons.  Certain things like soaps and deodorants were 
a few cents cheaper, but I had to buy a much bigger package than I wanted.  I also noted that I 
couldn't compare the toilet paper as they worded the amounts different than Wal-Mart or any of my 
local grocery stores.

Cold cuts were not cheaper and neither was the produce.  Now ground beef was cheaper and so
was split chicken breasts and gallons of milk, but not enough to make it worth the membership.

So, we decided Not to BJ's membership.  I can get better prices on most things at Wal-Mart
and by following sales locally as well as getting online coupons i can do better and save
gas not having to travel to Port St. Lucie.

Hope this helps someone else out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment